Kira has an amazing philosophy that she brings into her work and lifestyle. As the Founder and President of K Public Relations, Kira and her team only work with brands they can breathe, live and believe in. This same philosophy applies to the beauty products in her medicine cabinet and makeup bag. Kira has a busy schedule, but took time to sit with me and answer a few beauty questions.
Anita: I’m excited, I always want to know what beauty products everyone is using – What are your top five beauty products and why?
Kira: 1. Bare Escentuals Mineral Makeup Foundation – love the light coverage and it helps blend away every flaw.
2. MAC Lusterglass in Starnova – gorgeous color, not sticky and the perfect amount of shine without being too glossy.
3. Neocutis Journee – amazing anti-aging moisturizer with SPF 30, I never leave home without it.
4. Ole Henriksen Walnut Complexion Scrub – it makes my skin amazingly soft and glowy, and the smell is fantastic!
5. Arrojo Texture Paste – light hold for my short hair, quick and easy. Wait, I have one more! Essie – Damsel in a Dress, a really deep purple with a touch of silver, this is my go-to color for fall because its sexy and sophisticated.
Anita: What are your favorite non-brand beauty products?
Kira: 1. Lip Balm/Chapstick, 2. Nail Polish, 3. Mascara, 4. Moisturizer with an SPF ( a must!) and 5. Mineral Makeup.
Anita: If you only had five minutes to get ready in the morning what beauty products would you use?
Kira: 1. My moisturizer, Journee by Neocutis.
3. Arrojo Texture Paste
4. Ganache for lips Chapstick in Chocolate Hazelnut (I’m Obsessed!) with a bit of lip gloss on top.
Anita: The question I’ve been dying to ask, what’s your favorite shade of Red Lipstick?
Kira: I actually look horrible in Red Lipstick, I can’t find one that works with my skin tone, Anita do you have any recommendations? I stick to berry/plum tones like Bare Escentuals “Venus” Which is unfortunately discontinued, I’m rationing out my last few samples.
Anita: I recently tested an amazing Red – Runway Red by Arbonne Cosmetics, it’s a great shade that works on all skin tones, I’m obsessed with it! – any last-minute pearls of wisdom?
Kira: I’m a big fan of mixing – a lipstick with a lip gloss, different lipstick shades, a number of different eyeshadows, my mother taught me that if you can’t find a color you want, Make it!
Anita: I’m so happy we had this opportunity to get to know each other better, I can’t wait to have another conversation with you, Thank you Kira!